This is Week One of the #CEOChallenge – to read 52 books in a year – follow along for weekly insights into some of today’s most influential books. Enjoy!
Even if you have never eaten at Chick-fil-A you have likely heard tales of their values, service, and their delicious chicken sandwich. S. Truett Cathy takes you on a fast-paced literary journey in his book, How Did You Do It, Truett (it is only 95 pages), detailing the values, strategy, and practical tips you can implement into your business and personal life.
Here Are The Major Takeaways:
- Know Your Core Values: For Chick-fil-A, they have four critical success factors stemming from values.
- Great Tasting Food (Can I get an Amen!)
- Cleanliness (Who doesn’t appreciate a clean dining experience)
- Wholesome Environment (Great for the kids and family)
- Great Customer Service (Like, has anyone had a bad experience there?)
- Don’t Start In Debt, Start Small: Don’t begin your business in debt, start small but, with large passion and a desire to serve. Cathy never thought of the long-term growth of the company, rather he focused on today’s customer experience. Think about how short-term decisions impact long-term satisfaction.
- “Courtesy is cheap, but it pays great dividends” (35): Cathy has given away so many meals just to welcome people to his caring environment. That cost has been covered ten-fold by the favor of customers.
- Lastly, Focus on the Three P’s: Product, People, Purpose. These are your keys to lasting success.
“The solution to most problems is the caring of one human being for another” (64)
Let me know what you think! What is your experience with Chick-fil-A? Does it match these principles? Leave a comment, and drop a follow and check back next week for my next review!
See you next week,